Working closely to support the Assistant Director of Employee Relations and as part of a collaborative team, you will be providing confidential guidance, advice and support to leaders of member schools. Harness your exceptional communication skills to connect and engage with stakeholders allowing you to form strong working partnerships. This is a maternity leave role for a fixed term of six months.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide confidential and strategic guidance, coaching and advice to school leaders across various employee relations matters and people management issues
- Manage and promote positive working relationships between schools and relevant unions and employee representatives
- Support the Assistant Director and Senior Advisors in the areas of enterprise bargaining. Research industrial trends, attend negotiation meetings, assist with the drafting of negotiated outcomes and prepare submissions
- Provide relevant, timely and concise information to member schools in a collaborative and consultative manner
- Assist schools with re-structuring processes, including consultation, change management and redundancy processes that all meet industrial and legislative obligations and minimise risk
- Support the Assistant Director with various other employee relations related duties
- You will possess formal qualifications in either Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Law
- Interpersonal and communication skills that will reflect your ability to deliver information and advice over the phone, via written communication as well via face to face consultation
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant workplace relations legislation
- Experienced in enterprise agreements in unionised workplaces
- Personal qualities that include emotional intelligence, trust and integrity
- The ability to work autonomously on specific projects as well as being a collaborative team member working to support your colleagues and peers
- The ability to build capability and coaching on ER/IR matters
- High level of motivation and excellent time management and organisational skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a team of consummate professionals who are leaders in their field and are motivated by the work they do and the outcomes they achieve. As a newly established position you will have the opportunity to make this role your own. You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and be provided with plenty of support and encouragement.
About the Company
We have enjoyed a long and rewarding partnership with this organisation and it an immense pleasure to work with them. They are the peak body that represents, advocates, and promotes the independent school sector for our State. They are recognised for their proactiveness and responsiveness to their members and they support choice and diversity in education. They work closely with all political parties, government departments and the community and they promote the policies and interests of independent schools.
Click on the APPLY button, or contact Tracey Montgomery on 07 3846 7730
All Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email or phone