Bring a fresh perspective to the development and implementation of communications and events initiatives for this growing organisation, which will see you developing strategy and managing the delivery of key events throughout the year. Reporting directly to a forward-thinking Chief Executive, you will be joining a collaborative and creative team environment in a role that provides plenty of opportunity for the right person.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement an organisational marketing and communications strategy that aligns with the overall business strategy and key organisational priorities
- Drive the planning and delivery of key events programs throughout the year
- Establish positive and productive working relationships with key leaders across the organisation to support their marketing and communications needs
- Develop and implement key metrics to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies
- Manage the communications and events team
- Ability for both strategic thinking and willingness to work in a hands-on role
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills including large events management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A positive and flexible attitude towards changing priorities, along with a willingness to be part of a wider supportive team
- Newly established, hands-on leadership position reporting directly to the Chief Executive
- Existing corporate knowledge to help establish in the role while bringing fresh ideas
- You will have a key role in an organisation with a considerable reputation in the community
- Join an organisational culture that is values-driven and receptive to change
- An attractive salary package will be negotiated in recognition of the contribution you will make to the organisation
This is a well-regarded not-for-profit organisation which is experiencing an exciting period of growth, specialising in supporting people who face challenges due to mental health and social disadvantage. They have multiple service sites across Queensland and a national Telehealth service, with head office operations located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane.
Please include a covering letter outlining your interest in the position.
Click on the APPLY button, or contact Ashleigh McFadyen on 07 3846 7730
All Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email or phone.