Reporting directly to the Company Accountant, you will be responsible for end to end financial accounting functions across a diverse portfolio of business entities. This organisation has experienced significant business growth in the past twelve months both organically and through business acquisition, so your adaptable attitude and willingness to take on new things will be absolutely essential in order to succeed as this position is likely to evolve over time. This is a part-time role, working approximately 25 - 30 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and processing of month end reporting
- Processing monthly general ledger reconciliations and month end accruals and journals
- Assist with costings for import / export operations, working with foreign currency payments
- Processing daily bank reconciliations
- Assist with GST, FBT and other statutory reporting
- Preparation of payroll as required
- Liaising with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, building rapport at a variety of levels
- Other duties to assist the Company Accountant as required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting or suitable equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or similar ERP is favourable though not essential
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting principles
- Flexible and positive attitude, a willingness to help others and take on new things
- Strong problem solving skills and a sense of curiosity
- High attention to detail is required as you will be dealing with complex, high value financial transactions
- Newly created role established due to business growth
- Opportunity for further development and responsibilities over time
- Genuine work life balance, part-time hours on offer
- Well established, stable organisation demonstrating considerable growth
- Work close to home in this suburban office location with plenty of parking onsite
Located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, this organisation is part of a global supplier of grocery products, marketing and retail support services to independent retail supermarkets and are one of the fastest growing retail groups in Australia.
Click on the APPLY button, or contact Ashleigh McFadyen on 07 3846 7730
All Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email or phone.