Working very closely with the IT Manager, you will be working with a specialist IT Consulting firm, internally, with one of their key clients in the mining industry. This is the first of an exciting growth phase in their PMO here in Queensland and you will look after a range of business and technology-based projects. The role will be based in Brisbane CBD with the expectation of monthly travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the successful delivery of various business and technology-based projects.
- Project scoping and planning
- Managing financials, budgeting and forecasting
- Delivery and team management reporting
- Measure project performance including variations on project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Communicate with key stakeholders both internally and externally in line with the project needs
- Successfully deliver large, complex programs of work.
- Experience or certifications working with the following methodologies is desirable: Prince2, MSP, PROSCI, Agile, Kanban
- Familiarity with resources/mining sector
- Good understanding of mine safety systems and concepts
- Understanding of applications used in mining
- Ability to Manage Projects with C level sponsorship
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Strong administrative skills
- A background working in high profile projects
- Business change management skills
- Manage teams of multi-disciplined and diverse resources
- Have strong financial reporting skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You will be able to adapt to the needs of both business-focused and technology projects and be proactive in your overall approach.
This organisation absolutely loves working with their client, who are extremely accommodating and friendly. Other benefits in this role include:
- A friendly, supportive and hospitable culture
- Permanent and full-time position
- CBD location with modern office fitout
- An extremely enticing salary on offer based on experience
With their head office in Perth this role is a key position in them expanding their Queensland presence and their PMO. The client you will be supporting is a values driven mining business who are people orientated and love engaging in their local community. They pride themselves on their strong work ethic, continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness and you will be involved in some high profile projects.
Click on the APPLY button, or contact Sharni Nichols on 07 3846 7730
All Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email or phone.