About the Role
Bring your accounting expertise and passion for people to this pivotal leadership position, where you will be responsible for leading and managing a dynamic Financial Operations team to deliver Search, Settlement, Review and Accounts Payable functions. You will be reporting to a Manager located in Canada, so open and transparent communication will be highly valued as you lead this local team through an exciting period of growth and change.
We recognise that this organisation and its financial operations are quite unique from other organisations, so while having direct industry experience is not important – strong leadership capabilities, values alignment, and the right attitude will be absolutely essential to making this position a success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee performance of Search, Settlements, Review and Accounts Payable functions
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of settlements, contract and asset searches, and maintain adherence to SOX requirements
- Review and coordinate month end closing processes including preparation of journals, accruals, and month-end reconciliations
- Provide exceptional people leadership, taking an active role in coaching, developing, mentoring, and creating opportunities for succession planning
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and procedures to create greater operational efficiencies
- Drive collaboration between the Financial Operations team and Sales, Operations, and global Finance stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting would be highly desirable
- Highly developed leadership capabilities – someone who is emotionally intelligent and can coach, develop, and mentor staff to deliver quality outcomes and services
- Flexible approach, and the ability to adapt to changing processes and/or priorities in a reactive working environment
- Strong technological capabilities, in this role you will be expected to work proficiently with various systems and reporting tools
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, with an approachable and helpful workstyle
- Strong interpersonal skills, someone who embraces open and transparent communication
- Make a significant impact using your exceptional leadership skills to manage a high performing team that has experienced considerable growth
- Organisational culture that is collaborative, hard working, professional, and family-oriented
- Attractive salary package on offer for the right candidate
- Ongoing opportunities for growth and development with the organisation
- Work-life balance, working from modern office location based in Yatala
A global, publicly listed company, with multiple business streams offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used and unused equipment and other assets across numerous industry sectors. With over 40 sites internationally and a global workforce of over 2000 full time employees, they are experiencing an exciting period of growth and embrace values of unity, integrity, and vision.
Please include a covering letter outlining your interest in the position.
Click on the APPLY button, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Ashleigh McFadyen on 07 3846 7730.
All Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email or phone